ACT! Connect Existing Users
This tool connects ACT! users with existing Swiftpage UserIDs.
Swiftpage UserIDs can be linked with ACT! users at the database level. This allows you to connect as many of the ACT! users in your ACT! database to as many Swiftpage UserIDs as you would like. Having multiple Swiftpage UserIDs on one ACT! database gives access to Swiftpage Team features (specifically the ability to use “Send As” and the ability to assign Call Lists).
For each ACT! user connected to a Swiftpage UserID, Swiftpage writes a simple history entry into the user’s My Record. Connecting and disconnecting users adds or removes this history record, so to set up these connections, you must have the proper ACT! permissions.
Understanding the ACT! And Swiftpage users screen
- ACT! User: This is a list of all of the ACT! users in this ACT! database that are not connected to a Swiftpage UserID.
- Swiftpage UserID: This is a list of all of the “Active” and “Unconnected”* Swiftpage UserIDs in this Swiftpage Account.
- Connect User button - To connect an ACT! user to a Swiftpage UserID, select the ACT! user and the Swiftpage UserID, and then click “Connect User”.
- Disconnect User button – To disconnect an ACT! user from a Swiftpage UserID, select the connected pair from the “Associated Users” list (see E), and then click “Disconnect User”.
- Associated Users list – This is a list of all of the ACT! users in this ACT! database that are connected to Swiftpage UserIDs in this Swiftpage Account. The connected users are shown in the following format – “ACT! User = Swiftpage UserID”